8/10/2013

Bird-in-Hand Bakery and Creamery

I went to another place during my vacation in Pennsylvania called Bird-in-Hand Bakery and Creamery. I went here for dessert instead of getting milkshakes at Jake's Wayback Burgers, since my mom wanted to try Shoo Fly Pie.

From the road, it looked almost like one of the other houses, except for it's sign out front. The Store was closed, but it's ice cream window was open. There were only 2 places to sit outside, though there was no one eating there.

On the menu, there were items like hand dipped ice cream and soft serve. They also had some items from their store, like snicker doodle cookies and slices of pie, that you could order.

I had a twist soft serve sundae with marshmallow topping, while my brother had a twist soft serve sundae with caramel topping. My mom had Shoo Fly Pie and my dad and sister shared Snicker doodle cookies to go.

My ice cream was delicious! It was creamy and the marshmallow topping was a great addition to it. I also tried some of my mom's Shoo Fly Pie. It was delicious! It was moist and almost tasted like there was apple in it. And the best part was it was homemade from scratch!

I give ***** stars for food. The reason why I didn't give a rating for kid friendliness was because it only sold dessert there, and anyplace that sells dessert is a 5 star rating for kid friendliness to me!

I would like to come back here for some more ice cream and baked goods. Well, that's all. Bye!

Bird-In-Hand Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment