8/31/2013

Coal Fire

I went to a new place called the Coal Fire. It's a pizza place in Hunt Valley, and since I really like pizza, my dad drove us there.

When we got there, we had to wait for a table. While I was waiting, I noticed that there was outside seating and a bar as well as a place were you can see the chefs make the pizza, which is heated up in a coal oven, like the name suggests. Though we didn't have to wait long, and soon we were at our seats.

On the menu there were pizzas like Margherita, which is basically cheese pizza with basil and tomato sauce, Bianco Speciale, which is white pizza with Parmesan cheese and tomatoes, and Ring of Fire, which is a pizza with banana peppers, Italian sausage, and mozzarella cheese. There were also salads on the menu, like Greek, House, and Field Greens. There was pasta like Pesto, Coalby's , which is like a sub sandwich, like Ribeye, and Coal Fire Wings, which were just chicken wings baked in the coal oven. Finally, there was a kids menu, but the only item I can remember that was on it was Macaroni & Cheese. My family split a white pizza and some wings, except for my sister, who had the Macaroni & Cheese.

While we waited, we did the activities on the kids menu. After that, my dad decided to get a beer called Monty Python's Holy Grail, and since my dad owns the movie, he decided to try it.

Finally, our food came. The pizza was delicious! It wasn't greasy at all and the crust was thin. You could really taste the white sauce. The wings were tender and juicy, but the skin was kind of tough. Finally, I want to comment on the Macaroni & Cheese because my sister didn't like it, and the reason why I think is that the cheese taste was too rich for a kids menu food item.

I give **** stars for food and ****1/2 stars for kid friendliness. The reason why I only gave 4 1/2 stars for kid friendliness was because they needed more entertainment like more activities.

I would suggest making the skin on the Chicken Wings less tough and the Macaroni & Cheese taste less rich

I would love to come here again, especially so I can try the Ribeye Coalby. Well, that's all. Bye!




Coal Fire on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Great post on "Coal Fire ". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- Culinary Schools | Cooking Schools

    ReplyDelete