6/26/2012

Silver Spring Mining Co.

I went to Silver Spring Mining Co. for Father's Day with my family. When I got there, I saw that their name fit them very well, because the restaurant looked like a saloon from wild west movies, only not dusty and dirty and more electronics. At our table, I saw that they had TVs everywhere, which meant great entertainment. I also saw they had a activity sheet on their kid's menu, and they had a lot of choices, like Henrietta's Hamburger, Chet's Chicken Breast, Nancy's Nachos, and Gabby's Grilled Cheese. On the adult menu they had items like their Crab Pretzel on the appetizer menu, their Crab Cake Sandwich, and sour beef and dumplings, which my dad got.

I got Slim's 6oz. Sirloin Steak, which I asked to be medium rare. Then I realized how expensive it was for an item on the kid's menu. The sirloin steak that I got cost 8.99! I also realized that on the activity sheet, if you drew a picture on it and you gave it to your waiter/waitress, you could get a coupon for $3.00 off any item on the Little Miner's Menu but that is for the next visit.

It took a long while, and I'm sad to say that it wasn't worth it. First of all, they got my side item wrong. I asked for White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, but instead they gave me french fries. They also brought out macaroni and cheese for my brother, but he ordered grilled cheese, so we had to wait for them to bring out the right thing. Second, my steak was overcooked. It was not very juicy and it was also very bland.

I give * star for food and ** stars for kid friendliness. I wouldn't want to go there again, unless I got the Crab Pretzel, since I've heard they're delicious. But, they do have 11 items on the kid's menu. Well, that's all. Bye!



Silver Spring Mining on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment