7/21/2013

The North Carolina Adventure: Dinner

DINNER AT DIGGER'S DINER

On our way home from North Carolina, we stopped at a place called Digger's Diner. This was on our list of places to go. 

When we first drove in, I saw it wasn't just a diner. It had a farm, a gift shop, a monster truck tune-up shop, life size statues of Grave Digger, and even a part were you can ride on a monster truck!

We first went to the attractions, which were awesome, before dining at the diner. When I walked in to the diner, I saw that there were parts of Grave Digger on the ceiling (which scared my sister, Olivia), TVs, and even coloring books! 

On the menu, there were items like Slap Wheelies for breakfast, which is basically 3 Pancakes with ham, bacon, or sausage. For lunch or dinner, they had Digger Dogs, which is 2 hot dogs with a choice of mustard, ketchup, onion, and relish, Legend, which is 2 stories of turkey, ham, bacon, with American Cheese served on toasted bread with lettuce, tomato, and mayo, Winner's circle cold plate, which are 3 salads of your choice, and a Cyclone, which is another name for a shake. There was also a kids menu, which had chicken fingers, grilled cheese, and macaroni and cheese. I had a kids grilled cheese since I wanted to try something from the kids menu.

While we waited, I watched Television while my sister drew in the coloring books and my dad chatted with the workers. I also observed the Grave Digger parts on the ceiling, since it took a while before our food came.

Finally, our food came! The grilled cheese was okay. It was warm and cheesy, but didn't have much flavor besides that. 

I give *** stars for food and ***** stars for kid friendliness. The reason why I gave 3 stars for food was because that even though the grilled cheese wasn't as good as I hoped for, I think that the other items would've tasted better. I would recommend toasting the bread on the grilled cheese. I would also recommend adding more space in the diner.

I loved being able to ride on a monster truck and would love to come back here again. Well, on to our final post!
Diggers Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment